Submitting Your Content
WorldAutoSteel will consider appropriate articles from expert sources for publication on our AHSS Insights blog. In order to be considered, you must meet the requirements set forth below. Please keep in mind, however, that we do not pay for, or charge for, posting guest blogs. But we are more than willing to consider articles that are relevant to educating on best practices and new processes in the forming and joining of Advanced High-Strength Steels (AHSS) in vehicle applications.
If you still have questions about being a Guest Blogger for WorldAutoSteel after reading this page, you may contact the AHSS Guidelines Editor, Kate Hickey.
Please keep in mind the following fundamentals before you start writing your blog.
- Your submission must contain references to Advanced High-Strength Steel (AHSS) in vehicle applications. Note that the name of our blog is AHSS Insights, therefore, readers will be expecting to expand their AHSS knowledge base.
- Your submission must be geared towards a technical audience, with appropriate data references. Our audiences include automotive engineers that specialize in design, materials, manufacturing and the environment. We generally do not accept thought-starter type guest blogs.
- Your submission must not be a marketing piece for your organization, proprietary products or services, nor should it contain marketing messages and solicitations. Our readers are smart people. They will appreciate and gain much more insight into your company by simply demonstrating your expertise and showing your products’ purpose in AHSS use, than they would in a sales pitch.
- It should contain information pertinent to our audiences on an aspect of AHSS, such as AHSS characteristics, use, metallurgy, forming or joining. It also may address vehicle or steel industry life cycle assessment or other environmental issues related to automotive and AHSS use.
- Your submission must include graphic references. You may decide what kind of graphics you would like to add such as charts, videos, infographics, etc. We welcome videos as long as they do not include a sales pitch. Graphics need to be submitted as PNG or SVG files, and videos must be a standard format, such as MP4 or WMV.
Please meet the following submission requirements before you submit your entry for consideration.
- Submissions should be around 1,000 words, and include graphics.
- Please include a title.
- Graphics should be provided as separate 72 dpi (PNG or SVG) files, if possible, and sourced appropriately, especially if you do not specifically own the rights. Videos should be 720p resolution.
- Please clearly provide any reference sources in the following format: Author, full title of the work, year published, and if available and it will add to the blog’s content value, provide an internet link to the work.
- Please notify us with your intention to submit with an brief abstract of the information you will cover. This will help us determine if it is a good fit and enable us to potentially provide provisional approval.
- Your first draft must be submitted a minimum of 30 business days prior to any agreed upon publish date. This allows our team to have ample time for review, give you feedback and pursue any required further editing. It also provides time for translation to our Chinese blog edition.
- As your blog will be translated to the Chinese language and published on our channels in China, please do not use English jargon that will be difficult to translate.
We will notify you in advance as to when your entry is scheduled to publish. We strongly encourage you to use your social contact network to share the blog article. Your shares should include our blog hashtag, #AHSSblog.
Submitting Video and Animation Assets
We are always looking for video and animations to help support existing articles with visual information. If you think you have something that would enhance an article, please contact us at the email link above. You can send us a link to what you have, and we will review it. Note, the video must be owned by you in order to be considered and not contain any sales pitches. If we agree to use it, we’ll need to receive the original video file so that it can be uploaded directly to our site. You/your company will receive full citation as a the source of the video. Have a look at our Roll Forming page to see an example of how we have used a video received from Shape Corp.
We look forward to receiving your submission. It is our pleasure to collaborate on AHSS education with you. Thank you!