Steel E-Motive Launches at Conferences Worldwide
The Steel E-Motive project, the innovative new concept for autonomous ride sharing and ride hailing vehicles, launches at global conferences starting in June 2023. Developed by WorldAutoSteel in partnership with Ricardo PLC, the Steel E-Motive vehicle materials and methods will be freely available to automotive manufacturers around the world. The production of this new generation of sustainable, comfortable, and economical vehicles will start as soon as 2030.
Advanced High-Strength Steel (AHSS) technologies made the Steel E-Motive project possible. Steel E-Motive features seven AHSS structural innovations – including a battery pack structure that is 37% lighter than average benchmarked structures at 27% less cost. The vehicle is the first of its kind to meet global crashworthiness standards.
Join us at the following events as we launch the Steel E-Motive project worldwide.
- Zemo 20th Anniversary Conference: 15 June in London, UK
- CAR MBS: 31 July-3 August in Traverse City, MI, USA
- EuroCarBody: 17-19 October in Bad Nauheim, Germany
- CoMotion LA: 14-16 in Los Angeles, CA, USA
- KSAE 2023 Autumn Conference: 15-18 November in Ulsan, South Korea
- Steel E-Motive Conference: Q1 2024 in Shanghai, China